Best WordPress Plugins – So, you have created a new WordPress website with a modern-looking template that is looking absolutely fabulous. But it is not fulfilling all your needs that you require from the website, right?
So, now you need some plugins that will help you enhance your SEO, website security, its load time and man more. But the problem is that you are not sure which plugin you should use for the betterment of your website and which you should not?
As you already know, WordPress is one of the most loved, widely used and the best CMS in the world.
You can ask any WordPress Developer and they will tell that WordPress is the best CMS for 2021 as it gives you the most benefit of SEO without even writing a single. The most important part of WordPress is that you can get almost every plugin that you required for your WordPress Website development.
Saying that WordPress has more than 54,000+ plugins in its repository. So, find the best WordPress Plugins for a website is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Because you can’t use all the plugins in your WordPress website as more plugins you install in your WordPress website, slower your website becomes. So, you need only the Best WordPress Plugins the suits best for your WordPress Website.
Before going for the list of Best WordPress Plugin, there are some factors that you need to understand first.
Firstly, and the most important is the web hosting that you decide. A good web hosting can improve many things like the security, speed of your website, and much more. Indirectly a good web hosting can also improve the ranking factor of your website, just by increasing the speed of your website.
See some of the Best Web Hosting providers and WordPress Lazy Load Plugin to get a better understanding of how to improve your WordPress website’s speed and SEO factors. You can also see Best WordPress Security Plugins make your website more secure.
Best WordPress Plugins – Free vs. Premium
You can find thousands of WordPress Plugin in the WordPress repository that are available for free, whereas, on the other hand, you will also find several other premium plugins that are sold on some third-party websites. So, you might get confused about which one you should go for.
Free plugins come with no guarantees, no warranties and with almost no support facilities as there is no money involved. Though there are some plugin authors that provide limited support with regular updates, their numbers are less.
Whereas premium plugins or paid plugins provide some limited warranties with full support for their product. With Premium plugins, you will also get some extra features on that particular plugin category and it also comes with a GPL license too.
But this does not mean that premium plugins are always the best alternative to free WordPress plugins for your WordPress website. In fact, you can find many of the most popular WordPress plugins are free and available at the WordPress repository.
For example, Sucuri Security, Yoast SEO, WP Super Cache, WPForms – these all have a free version as well as premium too. As usual, the free version comes with limited features whereas with the premium version you can get some added features.
Discover the Best WordPress Plugins
As we have mentioned earlier, there are more than 54,000 free and several paid WordPress plugins. So, finding the right or the best WordPress plugin that suits your website is difficult. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack until you know the name, benefits, and compatibility of that particular plugin with your WordPress website.
We know that it is a bit technicality, but see what – by getting a little bit of basic overview of the essential elements that you require for your WordPress website, you can run your website as good as a technical person.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin
After you are done with your technical research, you are ready to install the WordPress plugin on your website. There are two ways to install a WordPress plugin to your website – one is Add New Plugin, and another one is Upload Plugin.
Add New Plugin: You can install a plugin from the WordPress repository directly from your WordPress Dashboard.
To do that log-in to your WordPress website, at the left sidebar you will find Plugins. Hover over the Plugin section, a sub-menu will appear where you will find Installed Plugins and Add New, click on Add New.
Now you need to search for the plugin name that you want to install. After getting the required plugin click install and once you install the plugin then click activate.
In short WordPress Dashboard > Plugin > Add New > Search the plugin name > Install > Activate
Upload Plugin: Another option is upload plugin, now suppose you have a WordPress plugin which you have downloaded, from somewhere and you want to activate that particular plugin into your WordPress website.
So, in order to do that have log-in to your WordPress dashboard, go to the left sidebar where you will find Plugins. Hover over the Plugin section, and on the sub-menu click Add New and the upload plugin.
After that you need to select the download plugin file, then click Install Now and finally Activate.
In short WordPress Dashboard > Plugin > Add New > Upload Plugin > Install Now > Activate
Best WordPress Plugin Categories Wise – Must Have
There are a few categories of WordPress plugins that you should definitely implement in your WordPress website. These categories should be used in every WordPress website whether it may be personal blogs, the website of a company or even an eCommerce platform.
These are basic categories that each and every website should implement, some of the categories are – SEO Plugins, Security Plugins, Performance Plugins and many more.
Each of these categories helps your WordPress website in their own way – few of these are used for getting better ranking in the search engines, whereas few are used for the performance, security of the website.
So, we have made the full list of categories that are essential for the betterment of any WordPress websites.
We have further divided these categories into two-part – first would be the best WordPress plugin on that particular category which is free and another will be the premium plugin of the same category.
- SEO Plugins
- Rank Math (Free)
- Yoast (Premium)
- Security Plugins
- Sucuri Security (Free)
- WebARX (Premium)
- Anti-Spam Plugins
- Google Authenticator
- Performance Plugins
- WP Super Cache (Free)
- WP Rocket (Premium)
- Page builders Plugins
- Elementor (Free & Premium)
- Divi Builder (Premium)
- Social media Plugins
- Social Warfare (Free & Premium)
- Easy Social Share Buttons
- Contact forms Plugins
- Contact Form 7 (Free)
- WPForms (Free & Premium)
- Image compression Plugins
- Smush Image Compression and Optimization (Free & Premium)
- ShortPixel (Premium)
- Backups Plugins
- UpdraftPlus (Free & Premium)
- BackupBuddy (Free & Premium)
Legendary List of Best WordPress Plugins for 2021
Now, let’s drive deep in getting the list of Best WordPress Plugins that each and every WordPress website should implement to get better performance, SEO, security and much more.
You will get two varieties of each category – free as well as the best premium plugin. Few of these plugins may also come with some theme, it may be free or premium, depending on the theme you have chosen.
Rank Math (Free – SEO Plugins)
Rank Math is a new SEO WordPress plugin in the market that is competitive with the free version of the Yoast SEO plugin. Though it is a new plugin, it has acquired a lot of active installation with several positive reviews and has a 5-star rating.
So, Rank math is no doubt it is going to be one of the best WordPress Plugins in the SEO plugin categories.
Rank Math has a smart automation feature that will give you the ultimate power of an entire SEO team with just a few clicks of your mouse. Rank Math is a game-changing SEO plugin that will level-up the SEO part of your WordPress website.
Rank Math provides Easy Setup Wizard with Google Schema Markup aka Rich Snippets. With Rank Math, you can optimize each post for up-to 5 focus keywords.
It is also integrated with the LSI keyword tool that will give you multiple keyword variations of your focus keyword, which will help you attract more traffic to your posts.
Features of Rank Math (Free – SEO Plugins):
- Clean, & Simple User Interface
- Optimal Settings Pre-Selected
- Simple Setup Wizard
- Compatibility Check
- Auto Canonical URLs
- LSI Keyword Tool Integrated
- Google Search Console Integration
- Google Keyword Ranking
- Import Other Plugin Settings
- 1 Click Import from Yoast SEO Plugin
- 1 Click Import from AIO SEO
- 1 Click Import from All in One Schema Rich Snippets
- 1 Click Import from Redirection Plugin
- Role Manager
- Google Schema Rich Snippets Integrated
- Article Rich Snippet
- Review Rich Snippet
- Book Rich Snippet
- Course Rich Snippet
- Event Rich Snippet
- Job Posting Rich Snippet
- Local Business Rich Snippet
- 193 Local Business Types
- Music Rich Snippet
- Person Rich Snippet
- Product Rich Snippet
- Recipe Rich Snippet
- Restaurant Rich Snippet
- Service Rich Snippet
- Software Application Rich Snippet
- Video Rich Snippet
- Social Media Optimization
- Add Overlay Icons On Social Images
- Default OpenGraph Thumbnail
- Auto Facebook Open Graph
- Facebook Authorship
- Facebook Open Graph for Homepage
- Automatic Twitter Meta Cards
- Twitter Card for Homepage
- Default Twitter Card Type
- Social Previews
- More Website Verification Options
- Google+ Page URL for SERPs
- LinkedIn Page URL for SERPs
- Instagram Page URL for SERPs
- YouTube Page URL for SERPs
- Pinterest Page URL for SERPs
- SoundCloud Page URL for SERPs
- Tumblr Page URL for SERPs
- Myspace Page URL for SERPs
- Add Knowledge Graph
- Represent site as a Person
- Represent site as a Company
- Set a Site Logo
- Advanced SEO Analysis Tool
- 40 Detailed SEO Tests
- SEO Analysis Score
- Automated Image SEO
- Powerful Post Optimization
- Add SEO Meta Box to all post types
- Bulk Edit Titles & Descriptions
- Post Preview on Google
- Content Analysis
- Control SEO For Single Pages
- Control the Title
- Control Meta Description
- Auto Add Additional Meta Data
- Control ROBOTS Meta
- Choose a Primary Category
- Single Post/page Optimization
- Focus Keyword
- Google Keyword Suggestion
- Optimize up-to 5 Keywords
- Choose Pillar Posts & Pages
- Internal Linking Suggestions
- Capitalize Titles
- SEO Failed Tests
- SEO Warnings
- XML Sitemap (New!)
- Module Based System
- Choose Any Separator Character
- Modify Global Meta
- Search Engine Verification Tools
- Bing Site Verification
- Baidu Site Verification
- Alexa Site Verification
- Yandex Site Verification
- Google Site Verification
- Pinterest Site Verification
- Norton Safe Web Site Verification
- Advanced Redirection Manager
- Smart & Automatic Post Redirects
- 301 Redirection Type
- 302 Redirection Type
- 307 Redirection Type
- 410 Redirection Type
- 451 Redirection Type
- Support for REGEX
- Debug Redirections
- Simple 404 Monitor
- Advanced 404 Monitor
- Advanced SEO Breadcrumbs
- Auto Show SEO Breadcrumbs
- Advanced Link Options
- Nofollow All External Image Links
- Nofollow All External Links
- Open External Links in New Tab/Window
- Redirect Attachments to Parent
- Strip Category Base
- Remove Stopwords from Permalinks
- Ping Search Engines
- Local SEO Optimization
- Contact Info Shortcode
- Deep Support for WooCommerce
- Compatible with EDD
- Only 30k Lines of Code
- PSR-4 Coding Standards (wherever possible)
- Optimize Different Archives
- Optimize Author Archive Pages
- Optimize Date Archive Pages
- Optimize Archive Pages
- .htaccess Editor
- Robots.txt Editor
- Import/Export Settings
- Import/Export Redirections
- Add Content Before the RSS Feed
- Add Content After the RSS Feed
- Detailed Documentation
- Contextual Help
Yoast SEO (Free/Premium – SEO Plugins)
Yoast SEO is the popular name when it comes to WordPress SEO, it has been ruling the WordPress SEO category for many years with an active installation of more than 5 million and claiming itself as one of the best WordPress plugins.
Yoast is available in both versions – free as well as premium, with free there are some limitations. And the major limitation with the free version is that it only allows one focus keyword, but with premium one there is no limitation.
Yoast SEO has both the readability analysis and as well as SEO analysis of your content. A dedicated team of developers, testers, architects and SEO experts work round the clock, daily to improve the plugin with its every release.
If you buy Yoast SEO premium plugin it will provide you a 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked with premium support.
With Premium Yoast SEO you will get some amazing features like – Internal linking suggestions, cornerstone content checks, optimize your article for synonyms and related key-phrases and much more.
Features of Yoast SEO (Free/Premium – SEO Plugins):
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation helps search engines make sense of your site and increases the chance of those coveted rich results.
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- Automatically set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- [Premium] support for Yoast SEO Premium users.
- [Premium] the ability to expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO, and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
- The SEO analysis: an invaluable tool to write SEO-friendly texts with the right (focus) keywords in mind.
- The readability analysis: make sure that you are writing easy-to-digest, engaging content for both visitors and search engines.
- Our snippet preview that shows you how your post or page will look in the search results. Even on mobile!
- An FAQ and How-To block for the WordPress editor so search engines know when you are serving a FAQ page or How-To guides.
- [Premium] Social previews to show you how your content will be shown on Twitter and Facebook.
- [Premium] The Insights tool that shows you what your text focuses on. This way you can keep your article in line with your key-phrases.
- [Premium] The ability to optimize your article for synonyms and related key-phrases.
- [Premium] Yoast now recognizes different word forms of your key-phrase, like singular and plurals, but also different tenses of verbs (just in English for now). It helps you improve your text in a more natural way.
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and automatically get suggested posts to link to!
- Tunes the engine of your website so you can focus on creating great content.
- Gives you cornerstone content and internal linking features to help you rank for the right keywords with the right pages.
- Helps you manage your team’s WordPress SEO efforts: with Yoast SEO roles you can give colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Has a bulk editor so you can make large-scale edits to the titles and meta descriptions of your website.
- Translates your content to structured data where possible to help search engines understand your website.
- [Premium] Gives you social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- [Premium] Has a full redirect manager to keep your site healthy by easily redirecting deleted pages and changed URLs.
- It also gives you the option to have synonyms and related key-phrases.
- A redirect manager that f.i. helps you prevent 404 Page Not Found errors.
- Internal linking suggestions while you write.
- Write more natural with our automatic recognition of word forms
- Cornerstone content checks to point search engines to your main pages.
Sucuri Security (Free/Premium – Security Plugins)
Sucuri Security is one of the most famous names in the category of WordPress security plugins. It is robust, full of security features and has more than 6 lakhs active installations. After installing Sucuri to your WordPress website it will give you the ability to keep a good eye on the various changes occurring to your website.
Sucuri security comes in two forms – one the free version and another is the premium version. If you are a starter or having a small website then the free version of Sucuri is just enough for your website security.
Because it will provide all the essentials monitoring and features that are required for a basic or a starter website if the configuration is done properly.
Features of Sucuri Security (Free/Premium – Security Plugins):
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
WebARX (Premium – Security Plugins)
WebARX is one of the best WordPress security providers and it is only available in a premium version with a 7 (seven) day free trial. WebARX can block malicious traffic with his lightweight web application firewall and you can even create your own custom firewall rule with WebARX firewall engine.
WebARX will generate weekly security and will keep you alert whenever anything needs your immediate attention and the best part is WebARX does not slow down your website.
With WebARX firewall you can protect your website from malicious bot attacks, vulnerabilities, brute force attack and from fake traffic, and much more.
Features of WebARX (Premium – Security Plugins):
- Managed Web Application Firewall
- Custom Firewall Rules
- Plugin Vulnerability Monitoring
- Up-time and SSL Monitoring
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Email and Slack Alerts
- PDF Security Reports
- Automatic Off-Site Backups
- WordPress Hardening
- 24/7 Security Monitoring
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Plugin Remote Management
- Website Software Overview
- User Activity Logging
- User Management
- Block malicious bots and hacking attempts
- Prevent malware infections
- Secure your website from plugin vulnerabilities
- Protect your website from brute-force attacks
- Make your own rules with WebARX firewall engine
- Plugin vulnerability monitoring
- SSL/TLS certificate monitoring
- Up-time monitoring
- Blacklist monitoring
- Domain expiration monitoring
- Login Rate Limiting
- reCAPTCHA & 2 Factor Authentication
- User Activity Logging
- HTTP Security Headers
- Off-Site Backups
- Only You Have the Access
- Integration with Google Drive
- Set the Desired Frequency Yourself
- Backups are Automated
- Customize when to receive alerts
- Receive alerts on slack
- Receive alerts on email
- Send alerts to alternative emails
- Generate full security reports (PDF)
- Customize reports with your company logo
- Create weekly reports
Akismet (Free – Anti-SpamPlugins)
Akismet is now the official anti-spam plugin of WordPress, it comes with every WordPress core installation. Akismet is developed by Matt and his team of Automattic, the parent company of WordPress itself.
Akismet is an anti-spam plugin that checks each and every comment and contact form submissions of your website and filters out the spam content.
Akismet is available for both modes – free as well as premium, the free plan is best for nay blogs or personal sites. And the premium plan which you can get from their monthly subscription will provide you an advanced security solution besides spam protection.
Features of Akismet (Free – Anti-Spam Plugins):
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
Google Authenticator (Free / Premium – Anti-Spam Plugins)
Google Captcha or reCAPTCHA plugin enhances your WordPress website’s spam filtering. It is available in both versions – free as well as premium. With Google Captcha users need to confirm that they are not a robot before any form or comments can be submitted.
Google Captcha is developed by BestWebSoft and has over 200,000+ active installations. Google Captcha can be used in login, registration, password recovery, comments, and other popular contact forms to minimize spamming.
Features of Google Captcha (Free Version – Anti-Spam Plugin):
- Add Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) to:
- Registration form
- Login form
- Reset password form
- Comments form
- Contact Form
- Custom form
- Hide Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) for the whitelisted IP addresses
- Disable the submit button
- Validity check of keys in the admin panel
- Available Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) themes for:
- Version 1
- Red (default)
- Version 1
- Version 2
- Light (default)
- Compatible with Limit Attempts
- Hide Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) in your forms for certain user roles
- Hide Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) Badge (Invisible and V3)
- Supports Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA):
- Version 2
- Version 3
- Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Add custom code via the plugin settings page
- Compatible with the latest WordPress version
- Incredibly simple settings for fast setup without modifying code
- Detailed step-by-step documentation and videos
- Multilingual and RTL ready
Features of Google Captcha (Premium Version – Anti-Spam Plugin):
- All features from Free version
- Compatible with:
- Contact Form 7 (since v 3.4)
- Jetpack contact form
- Fast Secure Contact Form
- MailChimp for WordPress
- Ninja Forms
- Compatible with WooCommerce:
- Login form
- Register form
- Lost password form
- Checkout billing form
- Compatible with Divi:
- Divi Builder Contact form
- Divi Builder Login form
- Divi Theme Contact form
- Compatible with bbPress:
- New Topic form
- Reply form
- Compatible with BuddyPress:
- Registration form
- Comments form
- Create a Group form
- Compatible with Forums – wpForo:
- Login form
- Registration form
- New Topic form
- Reply form
- Select Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) language manually
- Change size: normal or compact (for version 2)
- Configure all subsites on the network
- Get an answer to your support question within one business day (Support Policy)
WP Super Cache (Free – Cache Plugins)
WP Super Cache is another super cache plugin developed by Automattic, this plugin helps your WordPress website to load with blazing fast speed. It has more than 2 million active installations with a 4.5-Star rating.
WP Super Cache generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress website, which helps your webserver to serve that static file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts – resulting in fast loading of your website.
WP Super Cache provides three different ways of varying speed – The fastest mode is called expert, that is done by making changes to the .htaccess file, another method is called Simple that doesn’t involve much risk and an average user can carry it out with ease and the last one is WP-Cache caching.
Features of WP Super Cache (Free – Cache Plugins):
- Garbage Collection
- Cache timeout
- Notification emails
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- REST API
- Custom Caching and much more
WP Rocket (Premium – Cache Plugins)
WP Rocket is one of the best premium WordPress Caching Plugin available in the market. It will instantly boost your WordPress Website speed without knowing any technical skills.
WP-Rocket also offers Imagify, a free image optimization service that will help you speed up your website by optimizing all your images within your website.
WP Rocket provides a wide variety of tweaks to speed up your WordPress site. Some of its popular features are cache pre-loading, page caching, Gzip compression, lazy loading of images, browser caching, CDN support, and much more.
The price of WP Rocket is $49 and it involves 1 website with 1-year support, it also has other premium plans too.
Features of WP Rocket (Premium – Cache Plugins):
- Quick Setup
- Page Caching
- Cache Preloading
- Static Files Compression
- Sitemap Preloading
- GZIP Compression
- Browser Caching
- Database Optimization
- Google Fonts Optimization
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources
- Minification / Concatenation
- Defer JS Loading
- Cloudflare Compatibility
- DNS Prefetching
- Mobile Detection
- Multisite Compatibility
- eCommerce Friendly
- Multilingual Compatibility
- Connected Users
- Developer Friendly
Elementor (Free / Premium – Page Builders Plugins)
Elementor was very popular starting from the date of release which is in June 2016 and within 15 months from the date of release Elementor had an active installation of more than 300,000. Elementor Page builder is one of the most famous, effective and easy-to-use WordPress page builder plugins available on the market today.
Elementor is open source, mobile-friendly, and optimized for search engines. This page builder plugin comes in two versions – one is free and another one is premium, with the free version there is some limitation but with the premium, you will get complete control over every page on your website with their drag and drop editor.
Features of Elementor (Free / Premium – Page Builders Plugins):
- Drag & Drop Editor
- 300+ Designer Made Templates
- 90+ Widgets
- Responsive Editing
- Popup Builder [PRO]
- Theme Builder [PRO]
- WooCommerce Builder [PRO]
- No Coding
- Shortcut Cheatsheet
- Redo Undo
- Revision History
- Draft Mode
- Copy Paste
- Copy Style
- In-line Editing
- Global Colors & Typography
- Custom Color Picker
- Global Widget [PRO]
- Background Gradients
- Background Videos
- Background Overlay
- Enhanced Background Images
- CSS Filters
- Blend Modes
- Elementor Canvas
- Shape Divider
- Box Shadow
- Absolute Position
- One-Page Websites
- Icons Library
- SVG Icons
- Motion Effects [PRO]
- Landing Pages
- Rating Star Widget
- Form Widget [PRO]
- Testimonial Carousel Widget [PRO]
- Countdown Widget [PRO]
- Action Links [PRO]
- Popup Builder [PRO]
- Easy to customize
- Title HTML Tag
- Font Preview
- Google Fonts
- Font size: PX, EM, REM
- Drop Cap
- Text Shadow
- Text Editor Columns
- Custom Fonts [PRO]
- TypeKit Integration [PRO]
- Section Width
- Section Height
- Full Width
- Column Width
- Column Gap
- Content Position
- Margin & Padding
- Vertical & Horizontal Flexbox Alignment
- Inline Elements
- Fixed Position
- Nested Columns
- MOBILE EDITING
- 100% Responsive
- Mobile Font Size
- Responsive Column Width
- Padding and Margin
- Reverse Columns
- Hide and Show Elements (Visibility)
- Custom Breakpoints
- Responsive Sizing
- THEME BUILDER
- Theme Elements [PRO]
- Dynamic Content [PRO]
- Display Conditions [PRO]
- Header and Footer [PRO]
- Sticky Header [PRO]
- 404 Page [PRO]
- Archive Page [PRO]
- Single Post [PRO]
- Search Results Page [PRO]
- Custom Fields Integration [PRO]
- THEME CONTENT
- Nav Menu Widget [PRO]
- Login Form Widget [PRO]
- Search Widget [PRO]
- Posts Widget [PRO]
- WordPress Comments Widget [PRO]
- Portfolio Widget [PRO]
- Yoast Breadcrumbs Widget [PRO]
- Author Box Widget [PRO]
- Advanced Query Control [PRO]
- Price Table Widget [PRO]
- Price List Widget [PRO]
- Woo Products Widget [PRO]
- Woo Categories Widget [PRO]
- Woo Add To Cart Widget [PRO]
- Woo Elements Widget [PRO]
- Contact Forms [PRO]
- Subscription Forms [PRO]
- Login Form [PRO]
- Action After Submit [PRO]
- Confirmation Email [PRO]
- Email HTML / Plain [PRO]
- Custom Messages [PRO]
- Advanced Form Fields [PRO]
- Hidden Fields [PRO]
- Acceptance Field [PRO]
- Honeypot [PRO]
- Lightbox Overlay
- 5 Video Embed Options
- Font Awesome Icons
- Google Maps
- Media Carousel Widget [PRO]
- Slides Widget [PRO]
- Hover Animations
- Entrance Animations
- Scrolling Effects [PRO]
- Call to Action Widget [PRO]
- Animated Headlines Widget [PRO]
- Flip Box Widget [PRO]
- Parallax [PRO]
- Mouse Effects [PRO]
- 3D Tilt Effect [PRO]
- Maintenance Mode
- Replace URL
- Version Control
- Safe Mode
- Regenerate CSS
- HTML Widget
- HTML Tag
- Image Size
- RTL Ready
- Custom CSS [PRO]
- Role Manager [PRO]
- Request Parameters [PRO]
- Custom Attributes [PRO]
Divi Builder (Premium – Page Builders Plugins)
Divi Builder is an easy to use interface that lets you customize your website using a front-end visual editor and now it is also available as a standalone plugin. Divi Builder may initially have started out as a back-end page builder tool, but it’s now a true front-end visual editor.
Divi Builder also provides you to switch your web page to wireframe mode just by hiding the content of each module, so that you get a good overview of the layout of your page and which modules are in use.
The drag and drop feature of Divi save a lot of time while customizing your page by quickly dragging things around and adjust the layout without the content of the modules getting in the way.
Divi Builder also provides some amazing features like easily undo and redo any actions, switch to a mobile viewport to see how your layout will look on a smartphone, and zoom in and out to get a good overview of the entire page.
Features of Divi Builder (Premium – Page Builders Plugins):
- Drag & Drop Building
- True Visual Editing
- Custom CSS Control
- Responsive Editing
- Design Options Galore
- Inline Text Editing
- Save & Manage Your Designs
- Global Elements & Styles
- Undo, Redo, & Revisions
- Hover State Styling
- Responsive Editing
- Shape Dividers
- Border Options
- Transform Controls & Effects
- Advanced Code Editing
- Filters & Effects
- Drop Shadows
- Text Shadows
- Background Images, Colors, Gradients, & Videos
- Multi-Select & Bulk Editing
- Find & Replace Styles
- Copy & Paste Styles
- Drag & Drop Uploading
- Email Opt-in Provider Support
- Pricing Tables
- Contact Form Building
- Social Following
- Built-in Split-Testing
- Build Product Layouts with Divi’s WooCommerce Modules
- Fluid & Intuitive Interface
- History, Auto Saves & Browser Backups
- Save, Import & Export Elements
- Builder View Modes
- Set Custom User Roles and Permissions for Your Team or Clients
Social Warfare (Premium – Social Share Plugins)
Social sharing plugin is one of the most important and the best WordPress plugins that each and every WordPress website should have. And Social Warfare is one of the best in this category that helps you to add great-looking social share buttons to your WordPress site.
With the help of this plugin, your website visitor can share your content or the webpage on their social networks, just by a single click.
Social Warfare is a premium version you can get support for more social networks as well as other additional features. Social Warfare share buttons are both lightning-fast and beautiful, it will never slow down your website as other sharing plugins does.
Features of Social Warfare (Free & Premium):
- Top Social Networks
- Reddit [Pro]
- Tumblr [Pro]
- Yummly [Pro]
- WhatsApp [Pro]
- Pocket [Pro]
- Buffer [Pro]
- Hacker News [Pro]
- Flipboard [Pro]
- Email [Pro]
- Placement Options
- Above the post content
- Below the post content
- Both above and below the post content
- None (or) Manual placement
- Display and Customize
- Post thumbnail images
- Image and text size
- Custom visual themes
- Custom date range
Easy Social Share Buttons (Premium – Social Share Plugins)
Easy Social Share Buttons is a premium social media plugin that comes with a lengthy feature list. This plugin is packed with several enriched features for social sharing, it is an ultimate social media solution for any WordPress website and one of the best WordPress plugins.
Easy Social Share Buttons provides hundreds of options, with over 40 social media services and has more than 31 unique template designs. It also provides 22 different positions to place your social sharing button with several button styles, animations, and variations.
Features of Easy Social Share Buttons (Free & Premium – Social Share Plugins):
- WordPress 5.x Compatible
- Gutenberg Compatible
- GDPR Compliant
- Feature Rich Social Sharing
- Social Followers Counters
- Subscribe to Mail list Form
- Facebook & Skype Live Chat
- Analytics tools included
- Unique Mobile Experience
- Unique Visual Styles
- Optimize what is shared
- Lightning Fast
- 50+ Social Networks
- 55+ Different Templates & button styles
- Eye-catching animations & effects
- Popular mobile messengers
- 30+ Display positions
- Show buttons on different events
- Mobile optimized Displays
- Automatic Pin Button
- Unlimited design options
- optimized Pin Quotes
- Pinable Galleries
- 12 individual counter positions
- Developer API
- Flyout Display
- Pop-up Display
- Time Delay Trigger
- Scroll Depth Trigger
- Exit Intent Trigger
- Centrally Monitor Dashboard
- Easy to Set-up
- E-Commerce Compatible
- Affiliate Integrated
- Views/Reads Counter
- Facebook Comments
- Share Counter Recovery
- Build-in Cache
Contact Form 7 (Free – Contact forms Plugins)
Contact Form 7 is the most essential and the best WordPress plugin that will help you to communicate with visitors and potential customers. And the best part of this plugin is that it is completely free.
Contact Form 7 will also let you customize your contact form or the contact page of your WordPress website, and a little bit of tweak you can customize the style, add various form fields like queries, suggestions, and other messages and many more.
We will also recommend integrating Contact Form 7 with CAPTCHA, Akismet Anti-Spam, and Ajax-powered submissions to make sure that the messages that you received are spam-free. You can also enhance your Lead gathering with this plugin via Contact Form 7 Multi-Step Forms.
Features of Contact Form 7 (Free – Contact forms Plugins)
- Create and manage multiple contact forms
- Easily customize form fields
- Use simple markup to alter mail content
- Insert forms into any pages or posts using Shortcode
- The plugin supports Akismet spam filtering, Ajax-powered submitting, and CAPTCHA
- Lots of third-party extensions to add additional functionality
WPForms (Free & Premium – Contact forms Plugins)
WPForms is another one of the best WordPress Plugins that are available both in free as well as premium versions. It is easy to use and one of the best WordPress form plugins available in the market.
WPForms comes with a powerful drag and drop builder that will help you to create any forms in just a few minutes without writing a single line of code.
You can use WPForms in several creative forms for lead gathering or conversions like online order forms, survey forms, polls, payment forms, donation forms, email subscription forms, and many more.
WPForm also provides several pre-built templates that can be imported to your website with a single click and save your time.
It also provides some advanced features like – email marketing integration, payment integrations, conditional logic, survey addon, multi-part forms, front-end post submission, and many more.
With WPForms you can also create your own custom WordPress user registration form and login page. You can get the WPForm Lite for free but if you are seriously looking for conversions and lead gathering then we will definitely recommend you for the WPForm Pro version.
Features of WPForms (Free & Premium – Contact forms Plugins):
- Online Form Builder – Our powerful drag & drop contact form builder allows you to easily create WordPress contact forms and other online forms in just a few minutes without writing any code.
- 100% Responsive – Mobile Friendly contact forms.
- GDPR Friendly – Make your contact form GDPR compatible with just a few clicks.
- Form Templates – Use our pre-built form templates to save time. Never start from scratch again.
- Spam Protection – WPForms utilizes smart CAPTCHA and Honeypot method to stop spam contact form submissions.
- Instant Form Notification – Quickly respond to incoming inquiries with our instant contact form notification system.
- Smart Form Confirmation – Show a custom success message, or redirect users to a custom thank you page.
- File Uploads – Collect files and media through your contact forms with File Uploads.
- Multi-Page Forms – Split long forms into multiple pages with a progress bar to improve user experience.
- Smart Conditional Logic – Show or hide fields and contact form sections based on user behavior.
- Signature Forms – Create signature forms or add the signature field to your contact form, application form, booking form, etc.
- User Registration Forms – Create custom user registration form and custom login form in WordPress.
- Post Submissions – Collect user-submitted content in WordPress with our front-end post submission form. Great for guest posts, testimonials, business directory, listings, etc.
- Geolocation – Display location information about your users.
- Custom Captchas – Create custom captchas for your contact form.
- Surveys and Polls – Easily create surveys forms and analyze the data with interactive reports.
- Form Abandonment – Unlock more leads and grow your business with partial-form submission.
- Form Locker – Manage form permissions and add access control rules including password-protected forms, members-only forms, limit contact form entry per person, close form after specific date/time, etc.
- Offline Forms – Let your visitors save their entered data offline and submit when their internet connection is restored.
- Form Landing Pages – Create “distraction-free” form landing pages to boost conversions. Great Google Forms and Wufoo alternative.
- Conversational Forms – Interactive form layout that makes your form feels more human and boost overall completion rate. Great for surveys and registration forms. Perfect Typeform alternative for WordPress without the high costs.
- PayPal Payment Forms
- Stripe Forms
- MailChimp Forms
- AWeber Forms
- Campaign Monitor Forms
- GetResponse Forms
- Constant Contact Forms
- Drip Forms
- Zapier Addon
Smush Image Compression and Optimization (Free & Premium – Image compression Plugins)
Smush Image Compression and Optimization is definitely one of the best WordPress image compression plugins develop by WPMUDEV and yes, it is one of the best WordPress Plugin for any WordPress developer. You can install the Smush Image Compression and with a single click, you can optimize all your images used in your WordPress website.
Smush plugin has a free version as well as a premium version. For small websites or personal blogs, the free version can do it work, but if you can get the premium version then your website will just work like a charm.
If you are using the free version, you can only bulk optimize 50 images at a time, so you have to click a few times if you have more than 50 images on your website. And for the new images, you can just activate the option to automatically optimize the image as soon as the image is uploaded.
Features of Smush Image Compression and Optimization (Free & Premium – Image compression Plugins):
- Lossless Compression – Strip unused data without affecting image quality
- Lazy Loader – Defer offscreen images with the flip of a switch
- Bulk Smush – Optimize up to 50 images with one click
- Image Resizing – Set a max width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed
- Incorrect Size Image Detection – Quickly locate images that are slowing down your site
- Directory Smush – Optimize images even if they are not located in the media library
- Automated Optimization – Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super-fast compression on upload
- Unlimited & Free – Optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps)
- Gutenberg Block Integration – View all Smush stats directly in image blocks
- Multisite Compatible – Both global and individual Multisite settings
- Process All Your Files – Smush will process PNG, JPEG and GIF files for optimum results
- Super Servers – Smush images with no slowdown using WPMU DEV’s fast, reliable Smush API
- Restore Originals – Store original files so you can quickly restore full quality images at any time
ShortPixel (Free & Premium – Image compression Plugins)
ShortPixel is another Image compression Plugins and it is one of the best WordPress plugins if you are using its Premium version. Though ShortPixel does provide their basic free account where it allows you to compress up to 100 images per month and to use this plugin you need to get the API key by providing your email address.
As soon as you install and active ShortPixel after providing the API key, it will automatically start compressing your images but keeping all the original images in a separate folder, so that you can compare the original image with the compressed one.
Features of ShortPixel (Free & Premium – Image compression Plugins):
- Compress JPG, PNG, GIF (still or animated) images and also PDF documents
- Option to automatically convert PNG to JPG if that will result in smaller images. Ideal for large images in PNG format.
- No file size limit
- Option to freely convert any JPEG, PNG or GIF (even animated ones!) to WebP for more Google love
- Option to include the generated WebP images into the front-end pages by using the <picture> tag instead of <img>
- Compatible with WP Retina 2x – all retina images are automatically compressed
- Optimize thumbnails as well as featured images. You can also select individual thumbnails to exclude from optimization.
- Ability to optimize any image on your site including images in NextGEN Gallery and any other image galleries or sliders
- Integrates with Gravity Forms post_image field type optimizing the images upon upload
- Featured images can be automatically resized before being optimized with 2 different options.
- CMYK to RGB conversion
- 24h stellar support (24/7) directly from developers
- Easily test lossy/lossless versions of the images with a single click in your Media Library
- Great for photographers: keep or remove EXIF data from your images, compress images with the lossless option
- Works well with both HTTPS and HTTP websites
- Uses progressive JPEG for larger images in order to speed up the image display
- You can run ShortPixel plugin on multiple websites or on a multisite with a single API Key
- It is safe to test and use the plugin: all the original images can be restored with a click, either one by one or in bulk
- ‘Bulk’ optimize all the existing images in Media Library or in any gallery with one click
- Works great for eCommerce websites using WooCommerce or other plugins
- Works great with NextGEN gallery, Foo Gallery and any other galleries and sliders
- Compatible with WP Engine hosted websites and all the major hosting providers
- Compatible with WPML and WPML Media plugins
- Skip already optimized images
- Compatible with watermarking plugins
- Option to deactivate auto-optimizing images on upload
- Images that are optimized less than 5% are a bonus
- WooCommerce, WP offload S3 and WP Stateless compatible
- 40 days optimization report with all image details and overall statistics
- GDPR compliant
UpdraftPlus (Free & Premium – Backups Plugins)
UpdraftPlus is an ultimate backup plugin and one of the best WordPress plugins that each and every WordPress site owner should have. With UpdraftPlus you can restore your backup file just by a single click directly from your WordPress admin panel.
As you know most of the backup plugins let you store your backup files on the same server where the website is hosted, but with UpdraftPlus you can store your backup files to a remote location such as Dropbox, Google Drive, S3, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email, and several other cloud storage services.
UpdraftPlus will also help you to automate your backups by taking daily, weekly, monthly, or even hourly backups and the fun part is that you can directly monitor the process directly from your WordPress dashboard. You can avail UpdraftPlus for free or you can purchase the premium version to get the additional features with priority support.
Features of UpdraftPlus (Free & Premium – Backups Plugins):
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate inconvenience
- UpdraftPlus Premium
- Incremental backups
- Easily duplicates or migrates websites (with Migrator)
- Multisite/multi-network compatible
- Backs up non-WordPress files and databases to multiple remote destinations
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations
- Database encryption
- Advanced reporting
- Supports WP-CLI
- Free dedicated expert support
- Managing Multiple Website Backups
- UpdraftCentral (free, self-hosted)
- UpdraftCentral Premium (fully-hosted and “ready-to-go”, cloud version also available)
- Instantly create a temporary clone of your website
- Easy: Press the buttons, UpdraftClone does the work
- Reliable: Runs on capacity from a leading cloud computing provider
- Secure: One VPS (Virtual Private Server) per clone, shared with nobody
- Fast: Takes just the time needed to create a backup and send it
- Flexible: If you want, test upgrading to a different PHP or WP version
BackupBuddy (Premium – Backups Plugins)
BackupBuddy is one of the old and popular Premium WordPress Backup Plugin. This is one of the best WordPress plugins that enable you to take the backup of your entire website from your WordPress Dashboard just by a single click.
With BackupBuddy you can also perform scheduled automatic backups, send your backup files to one of your remote secure locations, and restore your files within a few clicks.
This plugin comes with a unique feature that enables you to repair and optimize your database and with every purchase of this plugin, you will get 1 GB of free Stash Live storage.
Features of BackupBuddy (Premium – Backups Plugins):
- Complete WordPress Website Backup
- Scheduled, Automatic Backups
- Store WordPress Backups Off-Site
- Customize Backup Contents
- Downloadable Backup Zip Files
- Instant Email Notifications
- Restore WordPress with ImportBuddy
- Individual WordPress File Restore
- WordPress Database Rollback
- Change Hosts or Servers
- Change Your Domain / URL
- URL Replacement
- WordPress Migration
- Clone WordPress
- WordPress Staging & Deployment
- Exclude Files & Database Tables
- WordPress Malware Scan
- WordPress Server Tools
- Serialized Data
- Database Mass Text Replacement
- WordPress Cron Manager
- Interactive Site Directory Map
- Database Scan & Repair
- Customize Backup Storage Limits
- Restore Your WordPress Website
Google Tag Manager for WordPress (Free Bonus)
Google Tag Manager is a very important plugin for any WordPress website, it not only helps to connect your WordPress website with Google Analytics, but it can also perform some advanced task if you are an advanced GTM or Google Tag Manager user.
Google Tag Manager for WordPress can do automatic marketing on Facebook, Pardot, HubSpot, etc. With this plugin, you can connect your website with Google Analytics without writing any single line of code.
Features of Google Tag Manager for WordPress:
- Basic Data Included
- Post/page titles
- Post/page dates
- Post/page category names
- Post/page tag names
- Post/page author ID and names
- Post/page ID
- Post types
- Post count on the current page + in the current category/tag/taxonomy
- Logged in status
- Logged in user role
- Logged in user ID (to track cross-device behavior in Google Analytics)
- Logged in user email address (to comply with GTM terms of service do not pass this on to Google tags)
- Site search data
- Site name and id (for WordPress multisite instances)
- Browser / OS / Device Data (BETA)
- Browser data (name, version, engine)
- OS data (name, version)
- Device data (type, manufacturer, model)
- Weather Data (BETA)
- Weather category (clouds, rain, snow, etc.)
- Weather description: more detailed data
- The temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Air pressure
- Wind speed and degrees
- Media Players Events
- Scroll Tracking
- Google Ads Remarketing
- Blacklist & Whitelist Tag Manager Tags & Variables
- Contact Form 7: fire an event upon successful form submission
So, this list supplies all the essential and important plugins to fulfill all the basic requirements for any WordPress website, and make it easy to manage your website. And as you can see, we have provided two plugins for each category – one is freemium and the other is premium.
If you are on a budget you can always go for the freemium and if the budget is not a concern then you can get the premium version to enjoy the additional features. So, now it is the time to pick and choose the ones which you find the most suitable for you to power-up your WordPress website.
We would also recommend visiting the Best WordPress Security Plugin and the Best WordPress Lazy Load plugin for an in-depth understanding. You can also look for the best web hosting for WordPress for a reliable hosting platform.
For Google Analytics we would recommend using Google Tag Manager with a plugin called Google Tag Manager for WordPress, rather than directly embedding the Google Analytics code into your website’s backend.
We hope this list will help you to make improvements to your site and achieve all your future business goals. If you think I have missed any plugin that you think is essential too? Feel free to suggest us.
Please share if you like this article can help others to archive their online goals.
Thanks in advance.