Do you want to start a new membership site or just want to transfer an existing WordPress website to a fully functional membership site? If so, then you are making a great choice for making money from online. Nowadays, membership website is a money making machine for many website owners.
And the best part is, making a membership website with WordPress is just a piece of cake, where you can get an endless option of making a membership website just by using a fruitful WordPress plugin. There are lots of WordPress membership plugin available in the marketplace, but you need to choose only the best WordPress Membership Plugin that suits your business needs.
So, if you are interested in building an online course selling website or just a list of loyal registered members that could help you in generating a recurring income, then a WordPress membership plugin can just be the best bridge between your membership site and your customers.
What is a membership site?
A membership site is a website that offers services or products which include online courses, e-books, webinars, podcasts or any kind of similar product or service to their members for free or paid subscription. It is an online business where the visitors can access digital content or get services after getting their membership or by getting their subscription plan.
This kind of website are specially built where the contents are kept behind a secure barrier and the visitors can get their required content or service only after being a member or buying the subscription plan. And to create a fully running membership website, you will just require a simple membership WordPress plugin to transfer your regular WordPress website to a membership website.
What are the benefits of Creating a WordPress Membership Website?
There are many ways to make money online and membership websites are one of them. With a membership website you can create a product or service which you can sell to other peoples those who requires it. So, let’s see what are the benefits that you can get from a Membership Website.
- Easy to set-up: A membership website is easy to set-up. You can take advantage of the most popular CMS – WordPress, that can help you create your membership website in a fly. You just need to choose a proper theme that matches your taste along with a proper membership plugin that can fulfill all your business needs.
- Easy to maintain: Maintaining a WordPress website is pretty easy and requires fewer efforts. You can update your theme, plugin or the core WordPress files with just a single click. Rather than solving technical glitches, you can spend your entire time and energy in creating quality content or products for your members, due to the ease of maintenance.
- Consistent and reliable passive income: With a membership website you can generate recurring revenue by offering your members with premium content, product or services for which they are will to pay. This can help you generate a team of loyal followers with a steady passive income.
- Helps in building an Email list: With a membership website, you can build a bigger and potential email list that can help you in cross-selling and up-selling other products. You can also use this email list for promoting other businesses too.
- Generate customer loyalty: With powerful and evergreen quality content available on your website, you can generate customer loyalty.
What features should you look in a Membership Plugin?
- Ease of Use: If you are not a technical person then you might think of choosing a membership plugin that is easy to use and can fulfill your business requirements. There are lots of plugins in the marketplace that comes with a complete set of features, but their interface will be bloated with too many options which you will never require. So, you should choose a light-weight plugin that can just serve your business purpose without bloating with too many options.
- Compatibility: Before choosing a membership plugin for your website, you should always check its compatibility with your current WordPress Membership theme and other plugins. You can do this by going through its features or by installing it in your local testing environment.
- Multiple Membership Levels: Are you planning to provide the same content or service to all of your subscribers or you want something more where you can provide your subscriber with multiple content and services to choose from. If you want your subscribers to choose their choice of option from your various plan then you should definitely go for a plugin that can offer Multiple Membership Levels.
- Payment Gateways: As you will be selling a paid membership for your digital products or services, your plugin must have the ability to communicate with a payment gateway and provide you an eCommerce support. This will help you providing the feel of money flowing to your bank account.
List of best WordPress Membership plugins
Now, as you have got an overview on the WordPress membership plugin, so without wasting any more time let jump on to see what are the top WordPress membership plugin available in the marketplace that could be a lifesaver to grow your online business to a new height.
MemberPress is the perfect all-around WordPress membership plugin which is very powerful and easy to use that comes with all sorts of essential features along with several add-ons. It is easy to install and simple to use. All you need to do is install the plugin, set-up the payment gateways along with the products and boom your membership website is ready to be live.
MemberPress comes with all sorts of features like unlimited membership levels along with several payments and trial period options, where payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net can be easily integrated with your membership website. It also comes with “Membership Groups” where you can set up different upsell and upgrade campaigns directly from its dashboard.
MemberPress allows content dripping where you can restrict an entire categories, pages, file, content or certain part of content and show it to your user after a certain period of time. It also comes with pricing, login, account, thank you pages. MemberPress gives you the full control over coupon codes, you can select a discount percentage or fixed amount, expiration dates, alter the coupon codes, and much more.
With MemberPress you marketized your website as it can be easily integrated with MailChimp, AWeber, MadMimi, ActiveCampaign and other several email marketing platforms. And if you are thinking of affiliate marketing then integrating with AffiliateWP, Affiliate Royale can just do the work for you. You can also integrate with Amazon Web Services and BluBrry for a podcast. And if you want to build a website for online courses, then you can easily integrate with LearnDash, one of the most popular learning management systems.
Features of MemberPress:
- Unlimited Members
- Unlimited Memberships
- Unlimited Restricted Content
- Self-Serve Member Dashboard
- Customizable Registration Form
- Multiple Memberships Per Member
- Affiliate Royale Included
- Payment and Locking Features
- Unlimited Upgrade Paths
- Automatic Upgrade / Downgrade Prorations
- Full Subscription Management
- Full Transaction Management
- Discount Coupons
- Custom Trial Coupons
- Unlimited Access Rules
- Lock Specific Pages, Posts and Custom Post Types
- Lock Children of Pages and Hierarchal Custom Post Types
- Lock Content by Post Type, Tag, Category, Taxonomy and URI
- Lock Standalone Files
- Lock Specific Content with WordPress Shortcodes
- Content Access Dripping
- Content Access Expiration
- Simple Payment Setup
- Complete Tax Handling
- Automatic VAT Tax Handling
- Tools and Options
- Force SSL on Registration Pages
- WordPress API (hooks, functions and more)
- Automated Reminder Emails
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Multiple Unauthorized Access Methods
- Password Strength Meter
- Terms of Service on Checkout
- Advanced User Flow Options
- Custom Registration and Account Fields
- Advanced Paywall Options
- Full Spanish Translations
- Fully Translatable to Other Languages
- Built-in Integrations
- If Menu
- Blubrry PowerPress
- Avalara Tax Rates
- Quaderno VAT Tax
- Add-on Integrations
- Constant Contact
- Math Captcha
- MemberPress Importer
- MemberPress User Roles
- Active Campaign
- Amazon Web Services
- Corporate Accounts
- Developer Tools
- Payments Integrations
aMember Pro is easy to use, powerful and one best WordPress membership plugin in our list. It comes with numerous payment systems like PayPal, CCBill, ClickBank, JVZoo, 2Checkout, Stripe, Authorize.Net, along with 200 more. It also comes with an email newsletter opt-in, a helpdesk, affiliate management, and a shopping cart that can bump-up your business.
It is built with PHP script that can be installed on your web hosting server to get its access, but you don’t have to worry about that as you can use the free WordPress plugin to easily integrate it with your website. But it is not a native WordPress plugin so you might have compatibility issues with some of WordPress plugins and themes. It also comes with video support that can help you with a quick setup.
aMember Pro allows unlimited membership levels, unlimited product and set their dynamic prices. It also provides a complete Member Management System where you can add, edit, or delete any customers and their subscriptions. The plugin is 6 language translated ready that you can set up from the admin dashboard to your site’s frontend.
Features of aMember Pro
- Unlimited Membership Levels and Items
- Incremental Content Delivery
- Payment Systems Integration
- Full-Featured Member Management
- Automated Signup and Expirations
- Integrated Modules
- Translated into 6 languages
- One-Time Payment
- Membership Management
- Everything you could expect from subscription software
- Coupon Codes
- Flexible Signup Forms
- Fail-back Payment Processor
- Third-Party Scripts Integration
- Unique to aMember Pro
- Manages third-party script customers database
- Numerous scripts integrated
- WordPress, vBulletin, XenForo, Drupal and more
- Full WordPress integration
- WordPress Theme integration
- You may integrate more than one script
- Built-in Affiliate Program
- Can correctly handle recurring billing
- You can make all members into affiliates
- Payouts can be made to PayPal, Moneybookers, or with checks.
- Flexible Commissions
- Award your power affiliates
- E-Mail Management
- Manage your own e-mail lists
- E-Mail Throttling
- Select E-Mails to selected customers
- Setup Auto-Responders
- Expiration E-Mail Messages
- Access Control
- Can control different types of content
- Flexible access control
- Drill-Down Content Access
- HTML-login forms instead of popup login box
- Access Sharing Prevention
- Protect Files
- Create Pages
- Written in PHP
- Uses standard libraries
- Easy to make new theme
- You get full source code
Paid Member Subscriptions
Paid Member Subscription is flexible, light-weight and easy to use, it comes with a simpler platform loaded with several powerful features. This WordPress membership plugin is available in three version – free version and two premium versions. The free version provides enough functionality to get your membership website live and running.
Just by using the free version, you can build a fully-functioning membership site using multiple membership levels, content restrictions according to the membership level, built custom front-end login and member registration forms and so on. But as you know free versions comes with certain restriction, so to available the added features you need to go for the premium one.
With premium Paid Member Subscriptions, you can create parameters for automatic content restriction, drip your content, offer discount codes, additional payment options and additional payment gateways. You can even setup and accept recurring payments, a members-only forum using bbPress or integrate with WooCommerce to offer special discount and so on.
Features of Paid Member Subscriptions
- Paid & Free Subscriptions
- Account Management
- Restrict Content
- Easy Login
- Member Management
- Subscription Management
- Free Trial and Sign-up Fees
- Payment Management
- Email Templates
- Basic Reporting
- Export Member Data
- Prevent Account Sharing
- Profile Builder Integration
- Elementor Integration
- WooCommerce Integration
- Restrict Products
- Restrict Entire WooCommerce Shop
- Create Member Discounts
- Global Content Restriction
- Discount Codes
- Email Reminders
- Navigation Menu Filtering
- Fixed Period Membership
- Pay What You Want
- Labels Edit
- Tax & EU VAT
- Group Memberships
- Recurring Payments for PayPal Standard
- PayPal Express
- Content Dripping
- Multiple Subscriptions Per User
Yes, you guessed it right, it is from the makers of WooCommerce, WooCommerce Memberships is built on WooCommerce, it is not a standalone plugin. So, if you are an online store owner and your store is built with WooCommerce than this WooCommerce Membership is one of the best WordPress membership plugins for your website.
With this WooCommerce Memberships, you can either sell your memberships as a standalone product or can even tie them to be a part of product purchase. You can also choose to drip content to your members based upon tags, categories, specific posts, pages or projects. You can also combine this plugin with WooCommerce Subscriptions to get the added advantage during the free trails.
WooCommerce Memberships also allows you to use all the WooCommerce compatible payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Payments, Authorize.net and many more. Using this plugin, you can also provide your members with a special discount on their purchase.
Features of WooCommerce Memberships
- Sell or Assign Memberships
- sell a membership as stand-alone product — create a product for the membership, then tie the plan to that product to sell it
- grant access to a membership as part of a product purchase — i.e., buy a subscription for a meal box, get access to the recipes section for free
- grant access to the same membership from several products (i.e., a yearly purchase or a monthly subscription)
- assign memberships manually for an invite-only members area
- Strategically Grant Content Access
- Turn Your Store into a Purchasing Club
- Offer Better Shipping Options to Members
- Reward Members with Special Discounts
- Automatically Show Members Their Perks
- Import or Export Members
- Simplify Communication with Members
- Memberships + Subscriptions
- Memberships can use recurring billing (i.e., monthly payments) for the membership rather than a set term (such as a year)
- Memberships can use Subscriptions as a payment plan, but control access length itself to support installment payments
- Free trials can be used for the membership via a subscription
- Content restriction and dripping can include or exclude free trial periods so you control what content is available in trials
- Members can pause their own memberships by suspending a subscription
- Members can upgrade or downgrade memberships by switching a subscription
- Upgrades and downgrades can leverage Subscription’s proration to ensure that membership costs are accurate
- Selling Memberships to Companies or Groups
Ultimate Membership Pro – WordPress Membership Plugin
Ultimate Membership Pro – WordPress Membership Plugin is one of the best WordPress membership plugins, it is an all-in-one solution for every online membership business. This plugin has got a rating of 4.5 stars, providing a smile to more than 21,000 happy customers.
With this plugin you can secure your content with all sorts of levels – you name it Ultimate Membership Pro will deliver it. You can restrict Pages, Products, Categories, Keywords, any URL, Content Sections, Images, Menu, anything and set a Redirect or Replace Content Rule.
By getting Ultimate Membership Pro activated, your members can login with some of the most popular social networks, they can also choose to sign up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, and others too.
Some of the key features of this plugins are Restrict Content, Membership Management, Private Content, Restrict Access, WooCommerce Membership, WordPress Membership, various payment gateways, drip content, Sell subscription via WooCommerce, nine integrated email marketing platforms and many more.
Features of Ultimate Membership Pro – WordPress Membership Plugin
- Unlimited Paid/Free Membership Levels
- Content Lockers protect
- Payments Gateway: PayPal, Authorize.net, Stripe, 2CheckOut, BrainTree, Payza, Bank Transfer
- Sell Subscriptions via WooCommerce platform
- Trial Free/Paid period
- Drip Content protection
- Restrict Pages or any URL
- Subscriptions Plan
- Multi Payments option
- Login Predefined Templates
- Register Predefined Templates
- Menu Protection
- 9 Email Marketing Platforms integrated
- Visual Composer Integrated
- Keywords Restrictions
- Social Login with 7 Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, VKontakte, Tumblr
- 5 Predefined Social Buttons Layouts
- Double Email Verification
- Dashboard Stats
- Unlimited Registration/Profile Fields
- Restricted Fields based on Levels
- Redirect or Replace Content Page
- WordPress Users Synchronize
- Members List Showcases
- Search Option into Members List
- Pagination settings into Members List
- Custom Currencies
- Coupon Codes discount
- Bulk Coupons builder
- Customizable Email Notification Templates
- Custom Inside Content Locker
- Special Custom Fields: Profile Image, Upload Files, Multi-Select
- Conditional Logic Register Form
- Verify Code/Question field
- Professional Account Page – Custom Content, Subscription actions (Renew, Cancel, Delete)
- Custom Redirect Links
- Multiple Predefined Shortcodes
- Custom Dashboard Access
- Taxes related on user Country
- Country special custom field
- BuddyPress Account Page Integration
- WooCommerce My Account Integration
- Download Monitor Add-on
- WP Social Login Integration
- Invoice on Orders with custom Templates
- List of Access Posts available for current Users
- Individual Page for each Users Account once is created
- Pushover Notifications for Mobile notifications besides the regular Emails
- User Reports available only for Admins for a better user tracking
- Subscription Delay let you set when the Subscription will start, also.
- Level Dynamic Price – user decides the paid price between some specific limits
- Security Login to avoid brute-force attacks.
- Membership Badges with custom Images.
- WordPress workflow Restriction based on Levels/Subscriptions.
- Filter & Search options into Members Directory
- Pagination into Members Directory
- Predefined Templates for Public Profile Page.
- Gravatar and BuddyPress Avatar synchronization.
- MYCred Integration for rewards points based on Subscriptions.
- API Module for external Calls
- Custom Account Page menu tabs
- Predefined Templates for Public Profile Page.
- Limit Comment submission based on assigned Subscription
- Limit Post submission based on assigned Subscription
- Integrated with Ultimate Affiliate Pro
- Flat & modern Design
- Ready-to-User once is installed
- Multiple reminders Notifications
- Provides Discount for Woo Products based on purchased Levels/Subscriptions
- Drip content Notifications
- Import Users & Levels via CSV file
- Sell SubSites based on Levels/Subscriptions into WP Multisite environment
Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is from the creators of AffiliateWP and Easy Digital Downloads, it is one of the best WordPress membership plugins available in the market. With Restrict Content Pro you can offer your members with an array of premium subscriptions along with an unlimited number of subscription levels.
Restrict Content Pro lets you create user roles after a subscriber gets successfully register, unlimited free and trial subscriptions, flexible pricing options like a one-time fee, a fee for a specific amount of time or both. If you wish to provide your subscribers with an option to upgrade or downgrade their subscription plan at any point in time, Restrict Content Pro lets you achieve that too.
With Restrict Content Pro you can provide your registered users an exclusive discount coupon codes with a variety of promotional options like a flat-rate discount or a percentage, set expiration dates, or you can even limit the number of uses of each coupon.
Restrict Content Pro provides features like Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, MailPoet, MailChimp, email manager, CSV export, and many more. You can integrate this plugin with payment gateways 2Checkout, PayPal Website Payments Pro, PayPal Express, Authorize.net, and Stripe Checkout. It also provides you the ability to create custom user registration and login forms, and restrict your content with a simple shortcode.
Features of Restrict Content Pro
- Customer Dashboard
- Membership Levels
- Prorated Upgrades and Downgrades
- WooCommerce Integration
- Built-in Integrations
- Data Export
- Discount Codes
- Member Emails
- Membership Management
- Member Approval
- Add-on Features
- Group Accounts
- Drip Content
- MailChimp Pro
- Custom Redirects
- WooCommerce Member Discounts
- Site Creation
- AWeber Pro
- Restriction Timelock
- Restriction Timeouts
- Restrict Past Content
- Hard-set Expiration Dates
- Help Scout
- REST API
- Math Verification
- IP Restriction
- Authorize.net Payment Gateway
- WP Job Manager
- EDD Member Downloads
- EDD Member Discounts
- EDD FES Vendor Limits
- EDD Wallet
- Limited Quantity Available
- Download Monitor
- Campaign Monitor
- MailPoet Add On
- CSV User Import
- Enforce Strong Passwords
Paid Memberships Pro
Paid Memberships Pro is a fantastic option to build your premium WordPress membership websites. It comes with several sophisticated tools that provide you to achieve a full functionality membership website. Paid Memberships Pro comes with its own dedicated WordPress theme, so you don’t need to worry about its compatibility.
Features like unlimited membership levels, recurring billing cycle, one-time fee, free trial or discounted trial period come with this Paid Memberships Pro plugin. You can also restrict content for a specific post, pages, an individual file or an entire category.
Paid Memberships Pro also enables you to display a small snippet of your restricted content to the non-paying members that could lure them to pay for getting the full access of your content. Besides that, it will also help your content to rank in the SERPs too. It also provides the option to drip release content over time.
With the Paid Memberships Pro, you get an advanced advertising option, where you can display ads to a specific membership level. For example, you can display ads only to free membership tiers, while hiding the ads from the premium members. It also includes plenty of integrations with email marketing services and payment gateways.
Features of Paid Memberships Pro:
- Membership Levels
- Custom Membership Levels Page
- Registrants are WordPress Users and Members
- Structure Access However You Want
- Payment Gateways
- Flexible Pricing and Trials
- Initial Payment
- Billing Cycle
- Price and Membership Term
- Custom Trial Options
- Content Access by Level
- Member Reports
- Reports Overview
- Visits, Views, and Logins
- Sales and Revenue
- Membership Stats
- Search Engine Optimized
- Support Community
- Customize Advertising
- The pmpro_displayAds() Function
- Third-Party Ads Plugin Support
- Email Notifications
- Totally Theme-able
- 100% GPL
S2 Member is another best WordPress membership plugin that comes with free as well as premium versions. So, if you are in a hunt to build your WordPress membership website with a free membership plugin then S2 Member might be the best choice.
With the free version of S2 Member you can avail features like restrict content by categories, post types, and posts or pages. You can even restrict specific snippets of content within posts, specific URL fragments, file downloads, streaming media, and BuddyPress too.
The free version also provides IP restrictions, a variety of email templates, and custom login welcome pages. But the downside with the free version is it is limited to 4 paid membership levels and lacks the ability to create coupon codes or drip content.
So, to get more out of it and make your membership site stand out from your competitors you might need to reach out for the premium version of this plugin. Where you will not only get all the premium features that are required to run a fully functional membership site, but also the complete documentation, video tutorials, and email support that will help you to build and maintain a membership site forever.
Features of s2Member
- PayPal Standard Button Integration
- PayPal Pro Integration w/ Pro-Forms
- Stripe Integration w/ Pro-Forms
- Authorize.Net w/ Pro-Forms
- ClickBank Button Integration
- WordPress Roles/Capabilities/CCAPS
- Open Registration Option
- Content Restriction Options
- Alternative View Restrictions
- Brute-Force Login Protection
- Unique IP Restrictions
- Security Encryption Key
- Shortcode Conditionals
- File Download Restrictions
- Protected Audio/Video Streams
- Manual Account Creation
- Custom Registration/Profile Fields
- Custom Login/Registration Design
- Customizable Email Templates
- Custom Login Welcome Page
- Custom Membership Options Page
- Member Profile Modifications
- Mailing List Integrations
- Affiliate Program Integrations
- bbPress/BuddyPress Integrations
- Compatible w/ Caching Plugins
- Security Badge/Certificate
- Event-Driven API/Notifications
- API Functions/Constants
- WordPress Hooks/Filters
- Optimized Codebase
- Access to Source Code
- One-Step Registration/Checkout
- Unlimited Paid Membership Levels
- Powerful Pro-Form Shortcodes
- Free Registration Pro-Forms
- Anti-spam Security Measures
- Simultaneous Login Monitoring
- Content Dripping Shortcodes
- Import/Export Tools
- Pro Login Widget/Summary
- Coupon Code Configurations
- Gift/Redemption Codes
- Public Members List
- Shortcode Extras
- Multisite Network Support
- Customizable Pro-Form Templates
- Remote Operations API
If you are creating a membership website for selling online courses, then LearnDash is one of the best WordPress membership plugins for your case. In fact, LearnDash is one of the most popular WordPress Learning Management System (LMS) plugins that is extremely easy-to-use and comes with lots of integrations, membership modules, and powerful administration capabilities.
LearnDash comes with a drag and drop course builder that helps you to create multi-layer courses based on categories, lessons, topics, assignments, and quizzes. It also provides a Member Management Dashboard from where you can get complete control along with a detailed report over the progress of your courseware of each member.
Selling online courses has never been so easy, thanks to LearnDash. This plugin provides an automatic email notifications option which can be sent to your individual members along with their progress report to encourage their engagement.
It comes with an amazing feature that enables your members to unlock new courses based on the points they earn on completion of their courses. You can reward your members with certificates, and badges on each milestone to boost up their engagement with your site. You can also create user profiles, groups, level-specific forums, and many more.
Features of LearnDash
- LearnDash Focus Mode
- Powerful Course Builder
- Advanced Quizzing
- Drip-Feed Content
- Flexible Prerequisites
- Dynamic Forums
- Course Points
- Certificates & Badges
- One-Time Purchase
- Shopping Cart
- Course Bundles
- Course Licenses
- User Profiles
- Email Notifications
- Group Management
- Detailed Reporting
- Assignment Management
- Expire Access
- Tin Can API & SCORM
- Multisite Enabled
- Use Any Theme
- Use Any Media
- Mobile Compatible
- Industry Experts
Teachable is another all-in-one platform specially built for creating and publishing online courses just by few clicks. It is easy to set-up and has the ability to run your membership website without hiccups. It comes with full-packed features like membership website, Learning Management System (LMS), discussion forum, email marketing tool, and analytics all under a single dashboard.
Teachable provides a drag and drop course builder that helps you in content creation, upload videos, PDF, text, and many more. It also allows flexible drip content features based on users’ progress or subscription level. Teachable also allows you to create coupon codes, affiliate program and provide advanced pricing options to increase your sales figure.
Teachable offers built-in engagement features like contact forms, discussion forums, quizzes, surveys, certificates, etc. that can help you to build a powerful online community. You can easily integrate Teachable with Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive to directly import your content and publish it on your website.
The one and only point that distinguish Teachable from any other WordPress membership plugins in this list is Teachable is not exactly a WordPress plugin. So, to use Teachable you need to create a link or sub-domain with your website in order to integrate Teachable into your WordPress membership site.
Features of Teachable
- Create engaging multimedia lectures
- Build a beautiful website
- Delight students on any device
- Modify any aspect of your school
- Publish sales pages that convert
- Use our domain to connect your own
- Reach students worldwide in any language
- Learning Tools
- Course completion certificates
- Course Compliance
- Student feedback
- Support integrations
- Student list segmentation
- Coupons and promotions
- Advanced pricing options
- Your own affiliate programs
- Customizable sales pages
- Accept international payments
- Virtually infinite marketing integrations
- Conversion pixels support
- First and last touch attribution
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Course-wide student insights
- Course-wide student insights
- Analytics integrations
- Multiple-instructor support
- Student enrollments and refunds
- Hosting & Security
- Seamless hosting
- Data ownership
- SSL certificate
- Secured payment data
- 24/7 monitoring
- Instant upgrades
ProfileGrid – User Profiles, Groups and Communities
Whether you need a simple or complex WordPress membership site, ProfileGrid can deliver it for you. It is a simple and straightforward ready to use WordPress membership plugin. This plugin comes with a modular structure that enables you to switch on or off different user profile sections without affecting the central functionality of your site.
With this plugin, you can build communities, offer your online shoppers to create profiles, start a paid membership business, send notifications, private messaging, offer sign-ups, blog submissions just from the dashboard of your website. You can fully customize the experience to fit best according to your project requirement.
ProfileGrid allows you to create groups, have their own group leaders, badges and properties. It also comes with a multi-tier pricing option for your membership sign-ups. With ProfileGrid’s private messaging system, you can easily communicate with other users discreetly and can also restrict access to a particular content according to their membership levels.
Features of ProfileGrid – User Profiles, Groups and Communities:
- Group Manager to create, edit and manage groups, and set membership rules.
- Custom Fields Manager to manager Profile Sections and Fields.
- User Profiles area to view, search and filters User profiles and members.
- Requests to manage and moderate membership requests for closed groups.
- Email Template manager to create and edit email notifications for users.
- User Blogs to manage user submitted blog posts.
- Global Settings to fine tune your ProfileGrid installation.
- Shortcodes page to help you understand how shortcodes work.
- Groups page showing a grid of Groups for users to browse and sign up for them.
- Group page showing Group’s details and all its members.
- Profile page showing single custom User Profile with blogs and conversations.
- Single and Multipage sign up forms. Latter splitting Sections into pages.
- All Users page displays all members without grouping them, with global search.
- Login and Password Recovery pages.
- Group Attributes
- Profile Attributes
- Custom Field Attributes
- Email Template Attributes
- Restrict Content
- Multi Author Blogging
- Private Messaging System
- Friends System
- Global Setting
- Security Setting
- Email Notifications
- Users Accounts
- User Blogs
- Upload Specification
- Payment Setting
- Search Engine Optimize
WP-Members Membership Plugin
WP-Members Membership Plugin is yet another WordPress membership plugin that comes both in free as well as premium versions. But as you know with free version you can only get few basic features whereas the premium version will let you entertain you members with whole lot of features.
With WP-Members you can create custom registration and login forms specifically for your membership site. To achieve this, the plugin allows you to create a specific URLs for your registration page. This can provide your membership site a great benefit just by making the URLs as the lead generating landing page for your ads.
Features of WP-Members Membership Plugin
- Restrict or hide posts, pages, and custom post types
- User login, registration, and profile integrated into your theme
- Login widget
- Create custom registration and profile fields
- Notify admin of new user registrations
- Hold new registrations for admin approval
- Create post excerpt teaser content automatically
- Shortcodes for login, registration, content restriction, and more
- Create powerful customizations with more than 120 action and filter hooks
- A library of API functions for extensibility
- Advanced Options – adds additional settings to WP-Members for redirecting core WP created URLs, redirecting restricted content, hiding the WP toolbar, and more! Also includes integrations with popular plugins like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, bbPress, ADF, Easy Digital Downloads, and The Events Calendar.
- Download Protect – Allows you to restrict access to specific files, requiring the user to be logged in to access.
- Invite Codes – set up invitation codes to restrict registration to only those with a valid invite code.
- MailChimp Integration – add MailChimp list subscription to your registration form.
- Memberships for WooCommerce – Sell memberships through WooCommerce.
- PayPal Subscriptions – Sell restricted content access through PayPal.
- Security – adds a number of security features to the plugin such as preventing concurrent logins, registration form honey pot (spam blocker), require passwords be changed on first use, require passwords to be changed after defined period of time, require strong passwords, block registration by IP and email, restrict specified usernames from being registered.
- Text Editor – Adds an editor to the WP-Members admin panel to easily customize all user facing strings in the plugin.
- User List – Display lists of users on your site. Great for creating user directories with detailed and customizable profiles.
- User Tracking – Track what pages logged in users are visiting and when.
- WordPass Pro – Change your random password generator from gibberish to word-based passwords (can be used with or without WP-Members).
In this article, we have listed plenty of feature-rich WordPress Membership plugins available in 2020 that could help you to run a successful membership business. We hope you have liked this list and we believe this article has helped you to find the best suitable membership plugin for your membership business.
If you think we have missed any the WordPress Membership plugins that have helped you grow your business and you think it is essential to include in this list too? Please feel free to suggest us.
Please share if you think this article can help others to archive their goals for running a successful membership business.
Thanks in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is a membership plugin?
A WordPress membership plugins is a PHP coded WordPress plugin that allows you to create certain permission rules that can restrict and protect your content from the visitors, and depending on it’s your configuration rule it will provide access to your members.
Does WordPress cost money?
You can get build your WordPress membership site with a plugin which is free of cost, but as you know free versions come with certain restriction, so to available the added features you need to go for the premium one.
How does a WordPress Membership plugin cost?
It depends, I mean you can use several types of WordPress Membership plugin, starting from a free Membership plugin to a premium one which may cost something around $199 or so.
What are the benefits of Creating a WordPress Membership Website?
Some of the benefits that you can get from a Membership Website are it is Easy to set-up, Easy to maintain, Consistent and reliable passive income, Helps in building an Email list and can Generate customer loyalty.
What is the Best WordPress Membership Plugin?
MemberPress is the best WordPress Membership Plugin for your membership site, but you need to know some of the essential features that are required for any Membership Plugin to deliver you the best result. Your chosen plugin should be Ease of Use, Compatibility, Multiple Membership Levels, and Payment Gateways.